Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Guiding words


Take care of the one you love,
Take care of the one you need,
Take care of the one who needs you most,
Take care of the one you love.


These words come from Imany's song "Take care". I have been enchanted with Imany's warm voice and ambiance of her songs  since the end of last year, but this one struck me in a special way. Maybe because somehow the lyrics turn my attention to myself, not other people.  I want to take care of people in my life. But there is also a small whisper in my head saying "How about yourself? How can you care for others, if all these times you don't take care of yourself?" 

I don't know exactly what taking care of myself means. The answers will probably slowly come, if the question has appeared. As I think of this year I want to hum gently to myself "take care of the one you love, take care of the one you need"....



No comments:

Post a Comment