Don't get me wrong, there are some things I love about May. The world looks so beautiful in May, people start to walk around with this dreamy, joyful look in their faces and there is a bubble of excitement in the air. But because everything happens in May, sometimes it is too much.
May is a month of graduations, conferences, exams, project completion (or beginnings), parties-you name it. Take this week for example. I could be at:
- 2 interesting trainings
- birthday party of a friend in France
- an interesting event on employment in Brussels
- an important event on the future of an NGO I am involved with
- a social (possibly networking?) event in Warsaw for translators
- one of the most important documentary film festivals in Warsaw
...and to add up to this I am leaving for work for Paris to work next Sunday
Of course there is no way I can make it everywhere. I have tried to make the best choice I could, this time thinking about the commitments I had already made.
This is May though. So much is about choices, priorities and strategies that it's hard to just breathe in its beauty